Work With Us
Please use the form below to apply. Feel free to send in your resume even if you don't see the position you're looking for listed.
Red hot Emmett’s on Grove seeks a Head Sommelier to helm our wine & beverage program.
Emmett’s on Grove is a midwest inspired supper club specializing in tavern style pizza following the success of its original Soho institution, Emmett's. Taking inspiration from the South of France to the North woods of Wisconsin - Emmett’s on Grove celebrates the spirit of a classic American Tavern with European influences. Serving Italian American favorites alongside an extensive wine list featuring top producers and domaines from around the world, Emmett’s on Grove offers all the fun you would want from a neighborhood restaurant with an elevated experience you would hope for from a top New York dining destination.
- Lead & develop the wine program at Emmett’s and Emmett’s on Grove
- Drive purchasing and curation of wine list as well as organizing inventory
- Coach and inspire the service team to develop their understanding of our wine offerings via daily discussion and preshift tastings.
- Hosting biweekly seminars and programming guest speakers.
- Maintain a limited section of tables as a server while being point person for Wine Service for the floor
Competencies & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of service experience in a high-volume or fine dining environment
- Advanced wine knowledge (somm cert. is a plus)
- Care for properly executed service with high quality
- Cool, positive demeanor and professional composure
- Positive and clear written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in the hospitality industry
- Ability to engage guests successfully, build a relationship, and create a warm and welcoming environment
- Be an ambassador
- $10 per hour + tips ($250-$600/shift)
- $25 per hour for administrative work
We are a growing restaurant group and are actively expanding business & locations. The Head Sommelier will play a core role in our growth and have opportunity for advancement within the company. If you are interested in being a part of that growth within an organization whose values you share and that recognizes your dedication and hard work, then we invite you to apply!